An exceedingly comfortable historic home with a cosy fireplace, beautiful kitchen and tastefully furnished lounge, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, accommodating six people. Set in a six acre garden with its own stream and "moon pool", oak and fir trees, rhododendrons, azaleas, foxgloves and many rare plants. The home has full DSTV and braai facilities.
The cottage is furnished with carefully selected antique pieces, creating a cosy old-world feel.
A log fire keeps you warm during the cold winter nights, while the veranda and thatch roof offer cool shading on a hot summer's day.
Evenings can be spent moon or clear-sky gazing, braaing, sipping a chilled glass of your favourite drink, or venturing out to other venues for meals.
The cottage offers the following:
- 3 Bedrooms — sleeps 6 people, the main bedroom with queen-size poster bed
- Lounge/dining room with log fire-place (firewood provided)
- Two bathrooms, one with bath and one with shower
- Kitchen fully equipped with stove, microwave, fridge, freezer
The following items are provided:
- All cutlery and crockery.
- All linen and towels.
- Tea, coffee, sugar and milk as a welcoming gesture.
- Herbs in the garden, to be used ad lib.....near the cottage kitchen door.
- Firewood for the fireplace.
- Weber and open braai.
- TV with full DSTV.
- Adults: R325 pp/night, with a minumum rate of R750/night for the cottage (1 or2 guests).
- Children under 3, free of charge; 3 - 12 years, R50 per night each.
Deposit: A non-refundable booking fee of 50% is required in order to confirm your booking.
Cancellation policy: If a cancellation is made at least 4 weeks before the actual booking, the full deposit will be refunded.
Specials: Please ask about our special rates for persioners and large groups, as well as low-season rates.
Additional services available on request:
- Laundry service: R50 per load
- Continental breakfast: R60 per person
- Loaf of bread (potbrood) R30 a loaf
- Wi-fi available: Please be aware that we have a capped service.